Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Wearable Muslin - McCalls 5816 Trench Coat

Okay this muslin was always going to be wearable. So I made it in black and I lined it in black and I used bias tape to finish the seam in ...black. So it is hard to photograph. I don't love this muslin but I learned a lot and I figure that has to be worth something...so my next trench coat - the real deal - will be in a great stretch cotton-poly blend with rayon lining. Oh, and it will also be a different pattern - Vogue 8884 - with the trench coat features added. I've just got the next season of Call the Midwife, so I will be sewing and watching this weekend.

 McCall's 5816









9 comments:

  1. Your trench looks nice. As you say - hard to see in the black but it does look like a nice fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish this coat had some colour in it. When I buy fabric, I tend to buy prints but what I wear is solid colours. I was trying to overcome that with this coat. But you know, I think I need to realize that I buy fun prints and I want to make clothes that make me happy. So maybe I am coming to realize that I don;t care for pre-fab prints that a store sells but I do like prints that are tailor-made to me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My next one will be in a bright spring colour. I already have three inch shoots on the daffodils in my yard!

      Delete
  3. It looks good - and so does your lovely blue burmese :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he should be in the picture since he sits on all my sewing projects!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you - I don't love it, maybe it is the length or the changes to the sleeves but it just isn't me. Still I learned a lot and the next one will be better.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...